Tuesday, December 10, 2013

68060 VDD

The manual keeps eluding to, and I keep ignoring, the fact that it seems you can power the 68060 off of a 5V IO voltage and a 3.3V core voltage; however, I've just assumed that you cannot. There are IVDD and EVDD pins on the 68060, but there's no documentation regarding them outside of the pinout. Nor is there power documentation.

11.12.1:
The MC68060 operates at a supply voltage of 3.3 V, not 5 V. The MC68060 interfaces gluelessly to transistor-transistor logic (TTL) levels.The following paragraphs discuss the two main issues of the lower, 3.3-V supply voltage.

Sounds eerily like I don't need my level shifters, but since I need to MUX the bus anyway, I might as well save a limited commodity. Perhaps they mean that the IO is 5V tolerant, which seems true via "12.4 DC ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS".

No comments:

Post a Comment